March 17 appears on most calendars as St. Patrick’s Day, but this year, we had another reason to celebrate. The company we know today as IWCO Direct was founded fifty years ago on March 17, 1969, as Instant Services, Inc. There were four employees and one sheetfed press. The company name reflected what still differentiates us today—our focus on speed and service.
Celebrating 50 Years as a Leader of the Direct Marketing Industry
While our equipment, technology, ownership, and size have changed dramatically over the past 50 years, the five fundamental business values that shape our corporate culture remain unchanged:
- Character: The consistent ability to function effectively, even in the face of adversity.
- Commitment: The perseverance in action with an unrelenting quest to deliver customer satisfaction, always recognizing the need to educate and be educated.
- Capability: The combined resources of mind and machine, creativity, and technology to address critical issues of quality, value, and timeliness.
- Contribution: The ultimate purpose of making a substantial contribution toward the success of our customers by minimizing risk, optimizing quality, and maximizing value.
- Community: The commitment to support the communities in which we live and work through mentoring, volunteering, and advocacy.
The first 50 years of IWCO Direct can only be described as “an amazing run.” We are proud of our history and excited about what the future holds as we invest in technology, equipment, and automation to continue to reduce cycle-time and bring new opportunities for more relevant, targeted marketing across all channels. The expansion of our marketing services practice brings strategy, data, creative, and analytics expertise that enable our legacy product—direct mail—to drive higher response alone and as part of an omnichannel marketing plan.
Of course, none of this would be possible without people—our clients, business partners, shareholders and the extraordinary 2,474 employees who make IWCO Direct what it is today—a market leader in data-driven, consultative direct marketing solutions.
Thank you to all those who have been part of the phenomenal 50-year legacy of IWCO Direct. If you’d like to be part of the next chapter in our history—as a member of our team, a client, or a business partner—don’t hesitate to contact me here.
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.