The biggest postal event of the year, the National Postal Forum, kicks off this weekend in San Antonio, TX. This is a great year to be in San Antonio as it marks the 300th anniversary of the city’s founding. In addition, the Postal Forum begins the day after San Antonio’s Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
The theme of this year’s event is Informed Customers, and it will highlight how mail can engage customers and prospects to create a chain of positive experiences. Monday’s general session includes a keynote address from Postmaster General Megan Brennan on the collaboration necessary to enhance customer experiences, and Tuesday’s general session will be led by the Postal Service’s new Chief Customer and Marketing Officer, Jakki Krage Strako, focusing on the partnerships needed to meet evolving customer expectations.
In addition to an exhibit hall full of mailing technology and software, the event features educational tracks focused on many of the concepts we’ve been discussing on SpeakingDIRECT, including:
- Direct Mail—The Cornerstone of Omnichannel and Digital
- Leveraging Customer Experience with Data Analytics
- Mail and Future Emerging Technologies
Check Out IWCO Direct’s NPF Presentations
No matter what your role in the direct mail supply chain, the IWCO Direct team will have a presentation to match your interests:
- For you creative types, check out Combining Paper and Pixels: Using Mail to Drive Omnichannel Marketing Success, presented by Debora Haskel and Mike Dietz on Sunday, May 6 at 10:15 in room 302BC.
- If your interests favor postal operations, Bob Rosser and I will be discussing Moving from Mail Date to In-Home Driven Marketing Programs, on Sunday, May 6 at 10:15 in room 304B. (Since IWCO Direct’s creative/marketing group and the postal nerds are speaking at the same time on Sunday, there’s just a little rivalry to see who pulls the largest audience!)
- If you are just getting started with direct mail, Bob and I will also be speaking at 10:00 on Monday, May 7 in “The Hub” in the exhibit hall, when our topic will be Postage Optimization 101.
- For those into the data side of postal operations, be sure to stop by when our colleagues and postal data experts Nancy Garrison and Anne Skroch answer the question, How Can I Make Informed Visibility Work for Me? at 11:00 on Monday, May 7 in room 304C.
- If mail tracking is your thing, Bob will be joining Angelo Anagnostopoulos of GrayHair Software to discuss Driving Changes for Enhanced Visibility on Tuesday, May 8 at 2:45 in room 303BC.
The IWCO Direct team is excited to share and enhance our postal knowledge at the National Postal Forum. We’ll be meeting with the postal operations teams that support our facilities in addition to some of our key vendors, and we’d like to connect with you as well. Whether you’re a customer who wants to fine-tune your direct mail program or you just want to find out how IWCO Direct can help you make direct mail an effective part of your marketing strategy, contact me here.
We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.