Pictured Above (Left to Right):
John Statsick, Tyler Myrvold, Alex Coon, Awah Ndingwan, Madison Schumacher, Jordan Wolfer, Stevie Lacher, Doug Glassman, Nick Statsick (Not pictured: Jennifer Hall, Cole Burek and Corrine Foster).
Just three short months ago, IWCO Direct welcomed 12 summer interns – including me – to learn more about the direct marketing industry and gain valuable career skills that couldn’t be learned in the classroom. While most of us worked from IWCO Direct’s headquarters campus in Chanhassen, MN, we also had interns supporting the Hamburg, PA operations, as well.
IWCO Direct gave us interns a range of responsibilities that strengthened our skills while providing the freedom to pursue activities that built new ones. From writing and human resources to production and IT, IWCO Direct interns got hands-on experience with a variety of professional tasks, including coordinating a fundraising event for Greater Twin Cities United Way.
As the summer comes to an end, it’s time for us to say goodbye and continue our paths toward rewarding careers – but not without a few parting words. As a final send-off, here are a few thoughts the team had before, during and after their IWCO Direct internships:
“I didn’t really know what to expect from the IWCO Direct internship prior to starting.”
“I’ve learned and got to sit in on so many different situations that I would have never learned in the classroom.”
“I get really excited when people ask what IWCO Direct does, to be able to share how awesome the direct marketing industry and IWCO Direct is.”
“I am truly thankful for this opportunity that IWCO Direct has given me, as well as the employees here that I got to interact with. Everyone has given me some kind of lesson, laugh, or knowledge that I will keep with me forever.”
“I will never lick an envelope again after seeing the glue bin.”
The 2016 IWCO Direct Interns (in alphabetical order):
- Cole Burek – Software Engineer Intern, Junior at the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Alex Coon – IT Intern, Senior at the University of Wisconsin – River Falls
- Corrinne Foster – Client Services Intern (Hamburg), Junior at Elizabethtown College
- Douglas Glassman – Project Manager Intern, 2nd year Graduate at Florida State University
- Jennifer Hall – HR Intern (Hamburg), Senior at Alvernia University
- Stevie Lacher – Creative Services Intern, Junior at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Tyler Myrvold – Business Services Intern, Junior at University of St. Thomas
- Awah Ndingwan – Application Analyst Intern, Senior at St. Cloud State University
- Madison Schumacher – Technical Writer Intern, Senior at University of Rochester – New York
- John Statsick – Continuous Improvement Intern, Senior at Ohio State University
- Nick Statsick – Product R&D Intern, Senior at Iowa State University
- Jordan Wolfer – Technical Writer Intern, Junior at the University of Wisconsin – Stout
Best of luck to everyone as they head back to their respective universities. We highly recommend an IWCO Direct internship to anyone who is looking for a great learning opportunity next summer.
Subscribe to SpeakingDIRECT to have new articles delivered to your inbox as they post. We promise to keep it fresh and interesting.