Many of the posts in SpeakingDIRECT this year have been about exciting new additions to our industry-leading color digital print platform and the growth of our marketing services platform. Together, these additions enhance Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) through Marketing Strategy and Marketing Execution.
And as much as we like our fun new “toys,” it’s good to remember how we got to where we are. Our 46-year foundation in direct marketing gives us a full toolbox of innovative ideas, processes, equipment and technology to support your next marketing campaign. Think of it like having a screwdriver, a cordless drill and an impact driver at your fingertips. Each will turn a screw, but you have to know which is the best tool for the job at hand, and when your project benefits from a combination of tools.
The time-honored tools in our Marketing Execution toolbox include:
- Web- and sheet-fed lithographic presses: Many of our customers continue to find great value in traditional direct mail workflows using litho printed components, including litho printed shell documents with monochrome personalization.
- State-of-the-art envelope printing and converting: We employ roll-to-convert technology to streamline the production of litho envelopes. In addition, we added FlexAir Dryers on select enhanced flexographic production lines to provide the capability for flexo printing on coated stock.
- Color management: IWCO Direct has augmented tools for color management and fidelity across our platform, implementing Idealliance G7® qualification for all litho print operations and G7 certification for print management personnel. We also added the use of Spectro-densitometers and X-rite ColorQuality software throughout all print, envelope and digital manufacturing operations.[sc:break][sc:break]In addition, we have expanded our operations staff to include a Color Technical Support Manager, whose entire focus is on accurate, consistent color reproduction across our platform. This emphasis on color ensures client logos always meet corporate graphic standards.
- Inveloper: IWCO Direct invested in the CMC Inveloper® finishing system, a CMC high-speed inserter with inline card affixing, card personalization and wrapping capability. Purchased to support growing snap-pack and self-mailer volume, the system can produce finished sizes from Monarch to 9×12 and be enhanced to produce die-cut wrap that looks like an envelope.
- Drop on Demand (DOD) UV Inkjet Card Imaging Systems: IWCO Direct invested in state-of-the-art plastic promotional card read/write technology. Our Drop on Demand (DOD) UV inkjet imaging systems match personalized plastic promotional cards using a 2D barcode on the personalized form for a truly unique mailpiece.
- Solix Equipment: IWCO Direct installed Solix equipment in-line with many of our high-speed CMC inserters to automate the mail sorting process. Solix equipment ensures faster throughput and more accurate sorting for client programs.
- Postal Optimization: IWCO Direct’s proprietary commingling and postal logistics services optimize your postage spend and streamline the delivery of your mail. Whether it’s our high-density commingling solution, advanced logistics services, or preparing mail for walk-sequence carrier route discounts, not only do we drive best-in-class-postage, our focus on accurate in-home delivery ensures your direct mail offer arrives in the recipients’ hands at the perfect time.
Our fully-integrated, end-to-end solution provides you with innovative marketing execution tools to ensure your marketing messages reach the right audience, at the right time, with the right message, and the right context. If you’d like to see what we have in our toolbox to enhance your ROMI, contact us. We look forward to working with you.
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.