Most companies see the need to have a business continuity and disaster recovery plan in place. While some of these companies use a third party to implement their recovery plans, the majority employ a business continuity and disaster recovery planner. This person is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the continuity plans for all business functions – a monumental task for most companies. The planner relies on the expertise of individual department managers, supervisors, etc., to assist with developing the right plan for each department. Herein lies a potential problem, and where Mail-Gard®’s Print-to-Mail Recovery Builder® service can come in handy.
The print and mail production managers are busy doing their day-to-day jobs and are now responsible for implementing a continuity and recovery plan. Sometimes there are just too many tasks in one day to properly address the needs of the disaster recovery efforts. Mail-Gard can assist with gathering the technical details and streamlining the implementation process. Our planning and consulting service provides support to a company that may need the assistance (and subject matter expertise) to get their print-to-mail business continuity and disaster recovery plan in place.
Print-to-Mail Recovery Builder® Process
Our goal is to replicate each customer’s print, insert and mail production environments. We start by exploring a number of questions to better understand the company’s processes from start to finish. We want to know what type of data, software and hardware the customer is using for their print operations. We also need a complete understanding of the customer’s inserting requirements including the barcode technology used, any special needs such as matching applications or inline inkjeting, and the document tracking tools utilized. Once a Mail-Gard customer engages our Recovery Builder service, a project team is assembled and conducts several calls and onsite meetings to gather the necessary information. The team takes the following steps as part of that process:
- Review the requirements of the customer’s recovery plan;
- Create a timeline and list of tasks that will be required to successfully implement the plan;
- Document the individual responsibilities for the tasks in the plan;
- Perform site visits as required to meet with the responsible parties and collect data;
- Perform a complete Proof-of-Concept test to assure that Mail-Gard can not only meet, but exceed, the customer’s recovery requirements;
- Provide a detailed report on the entire project from start to finish;
- Document and distribute all information gathered during this process to the customer for their maintenance and future use (these documents include communication diagrams, print/insert grids, quality control requirements, document tracking requirements, etc.).
Mail-Gard’s planning and consulting services can dramatically reduce the time required to implement your recovery plan as well as minimize the challenges that often affect the process. If you’d like to learn more about how our team can make the implementation of your recovery plan easier, please drop me a line.
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.