The insurance industry, specifically the Property and Casualty Insurance category, is poised for sustained growth according to Deloitte’s 2013 Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Outlook. And companies within the insurance industry are finding direct mail to be highly effective in supporting their sales and marketing goals.
Nearly 7 billion pieces of mail were sent by insurance companies during 2012, which accounted for 33% of the total volume tracked by marketing watchdog Comperemedia and its Q4 2012 Property & Casualty Insurance (Personal Lines) Cross-Channel Marketing Review. The Property and Casualty Insurance category ranked highest among all insurance categories by mailing close to 3.5 billion pieces of mail, which was 51% of total mail volume in the insurance industry.
Comperemedia also highlights the following insurance direct mail trends:
- Messaging focused on potential savings, quality of service, claim service and customer satisfaction
- Themes included affinity marketing, incentive offers for quoting and QR codes
IWCO Direct has extensive experience partnering with our insurance clients. Through our experience, we’ve developed a few best practices to consider for successful direct mail campaigns specific to this growing vertical:
- Affix an instant access quote card with your phone number as a call to action. Better yet, personalize the card specifically to the intended prospect so they feel as if they are getting a special offer. This will increase gross response rate (GRR) and return on investment (ROI).
- Engage in cross-channel marketing. Consider applying a QR code to your direct mail piece that will lead potential prospects to the agent’s website.
- If sending a saturation mailing to a specific geographic location, you may qualify for walk-sequence postal rate discounts.
Insurance companies are finding great opportunity by using direct mail to grow their business. Consider these trends and best practices to create more successful campaigns – and don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about our direct mail services and how they can serve your needs in the insurance industry.
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.