IWCO Direct is strongly committed to sustainability, but the upcoming Rainforest Alliance Week is a great reminder to all of us in the direct marketing industry of the need to do our part to help preserve the environment.
Rainforest Alliance Week will be celebrated around the world next week, September 19-23, 2011. As part of this awareness week, the Rainforest Alliance encourages you to look for the little green frog. This is a symbol of sustainability that you can find on products ranging from McDonald’s® coffee cups, Lipton® tea and Newman’s Own® chocolates to many paper stocks.
Because IWCO Direct is FSC-certified by the Rainforest Alliance’s SmartWood program, we can display their seal alongside the FSC label. It gives our customers the opportunity to differentiate themselves with the little green frog, which is recognized around the world as a symbol of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
You can find more information at rainforest-alliance.org, but here is a quick summary of the Rainforest Alliance’s involvement in forest stewardship:
Rainforest Alliance Facts
- The Rainforest Alliance established its SmartWood forestry certification program in 1989. In 1993 it helped establish the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), the premier standard-setter for forestry certification.
- FSC/Rainforest Alliance certification provides a better future for workers and forest communities while conserving nature and protecting wildlife.
- Active in more than 60 countries, the Rainforest Alliance has worked in all forest types, with small businesses, indigenous communities and fortune 500 companies alike.
- FSC/Rainforest Alliance Certified forestland covers more than 160 million acres (65 million hectares) around the world.
- The Rainforest Alliance is the world’s leading FSC certifier of forest management operations, enterprises run by indigenous populations and non-timber forest products.
- FSC/Rainforest Alliance certification benefits wildlife, people and the environments they call home.
Let’s all be aware, spread the word, and look for the little green frog to help create a more sustainable future!
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.