Many of us at IWCO Direct spent most of last week at the DMA Annual Conference in San Francisco. IWCO Direct has been attending this event for numerous years and the overall consensus from our team was this was the best show of the past five years. Here are five reasons why:
1. DMA’s Direction – After a number of years with a drifting vision, the new leadership and board of directors has put the DMA back on track. The working sessions and overall structure were as strong as we ever recall and that translated into strong attendance.
2. Customer and Prospect Engagement – Even more important for the health of the direct marketing industry, customer and prospect headcounts were up! Supplier headcount was down as weaker players have exited. We had deep conversations with current customers and had numerous sessions with exciting prospects while at the show.
3. Print is Growing Again – Throughout the past few years, there were real questions whether print would recover from the recession’s impact. While not yet back completely, confidence and innovation have clearly returned within the print space. There is a real sense that both electronic and paper-based direct marketing have a shared place for many years to come.
4. Market Response to Our Acquisition – This was the first chance for IWCO Direct to see on a grand scale how the market views our acquisition of the U.S. operations of Transcontinental Direct. It was extremely encouraging to see that the marketplace is very supportive and sees real value in the synergies of the IWCO Direct platform. Numerous people said that the only company growing and doing anything exciting in the print and lettershop space is IWCO Direct.
5. GEICO Recognition – We are pleased to share that our client GEICO was awarded 2010 Marketer of the Year by the DMA. We are tremendously proud of our partnership with GEICO over the past eight years and it was an incredible honor for IWCO Direct to be recognized during Anne Bodnar’s acceptance speech as a critical partner in their direct marketing success.
We are looking forward to an exciting 2011 for print. If you were at this year’s event, what did you think of the show?
– Tom Wicka
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.