In recent years there have been persistent rumblings that other marketing channels are overtaking direct mail. Don’t believe the hype. Recent studies are proving that direct mail is not only surviving, it’s alive and kicking butt.
At IWCO Direct, we know that direct mail is the single most effective marketing channel for successful customer acquisition, customer loyalty and customer engagement programs. It also lends itself to integration with other methods. So the next time you encounter someone claiming direct mail is losing the direct marketing battle, drop a few of these knowledge bombs on them:
(Please note the first set of statistics come from an email marketing company)
2009 ExactTarget Channel Preference Survey
- 76% of consumers have been directly influenced to purchase through direct mail
- 78% of online consumers have provided a company with a mailing address to receive direct mail offers
- Direct mail has the highest “message acceptability” rating of all channels
- Direct mail is the preferred channel for promotional messages from a company with whom you have never interacted
- Direct mail is the only channel where permission is not a prerequisite
Direct Marketing Intelligence from Mintel Comperemedia
- Direct mail volume increased 16% year-over-year in the first quarter of 2010 to 6.1 billion pieces in total
2010 Response Rate Report from the DMA
- One reason why direct mail continues to be a go-to strategy for direct marketers is that improvements in printing and database technology as well as analytics have allowed direct mail and other offline media to deliver consistent response rates.
As you can see, direct mail remains relevant and delivers the ROI marketers demand. That’s a victory all marketers can appreciate.
Subscribe via email to our Stevie® and Feedspot award-winning blog and get a fresh post delivered weekly to your inbox. We promise to keep it interesting, but you can easily unsubscribe if we don’t.