There are many signs that direct mail experienced a bit of a comeback after the tough economy of the past few years. Nearly every report we’ve seen in recent months indicates there’s a growing appreciation for the channel among marketers and consumers alike.
It’s hard to believe we’re already wrapping a bow around 2011, but as we reflect on the past 12 months it has truly been a good year. IWCO Direct continues to evolve by adding new equipment to enhance our capabilities and new roles to our leadership team so we can become a stronger organization and offer even better service.
Here is a recap of our highlights from 2011:
Capability & Capacity Enhancements
- We bolstered our full-color, variable-data digital print capacity with the installation of a new Xerox iGen4™ in February.
- In March, Mail-Gard increased its total inserting capacity by 70% with the installation of three Pitney Bowes 21-station, APS inserters at our Warminster facility.
- IWCO Direct became the first company in the U.S. to install the Océ ColorStream® 3500 at our Chanhassen headquarters in September. At 1,073 letter-size impressions per minute, our high-volume personalization capabilities greatly expanded.
- IWCO Direct was again rated the largest direct mail printer in North America by Printing Impressions magazine.
New Leadership Roles
- Jim Gartrell took on increased responsibilities since joining IWCO Direct after the acquisition of the U.S. assets of Transcontinental Direct. Jim took on the role of Vice President –Client Services to expand our focus on customer satisfaction and workflow automation.
- In August, Joe Morrison took on the role of , while Pat Deck was named Executive Vice President –Chief Marketing Officer. With their expanded roles, I am able to focus more fully as CEO on IWCO Direct’s growth strategies.
As we look ahead to 2012, it should be an interesting and exciting year. As I noted in a recent Printing Impressions article, “Financial strength and stability will be a key factor in 2012 as marketers want to be assured that their production partners can invest in new equipment, technology, and automation to support the dynamic nature of the marketplace and the marketing need to produce more targeted, relevant campaigns.”
Thanks to the superb efforts of our team, IWCO Direct is well-positioned to meet those needs in 2012 and beyond.